Get Involved Financially
Why Habitat Needs Your Financial Support
While some supplies are donated, there are many other items that need to be purchased before a home is ready for a family including:
- Land on which to build the homes.
- Hiring of licensed trades people to ensure all homes built meet industry safety codes.
- All building materials and supplies that are not donated.
Brick for Brick
- Donate a virtual brick in which Habitat for Humanity will use to purchase building materials.
- Donate today to help your Prince Albert Habitat for Humanity help local families in need. http://www.habitat.ca/brickforbrick
Get Involved as a Volunteer
We depend strongly on our volunteers. They may be professional tradespeople donating a portion of their time and expertise, or first time builders who have never hammered a single nail.
- Experienced builders gain the satisfaction of knowing they have contributed something of real value to people who need it most.
- Newcomers have the opportunity to learn construction skills in a supportive and safe environment, and feel the pride of giving back to their community and their society.
- Other volunteers work behind the scenes – on committees, raising funds, supporting families and advocating in their own communities.
- Through their combined efforts, volunteers enable us to control the costs of home building, and make housing affordable.
Our volunteers are our life-blood. Without them we could not possible build homes for area families in need. We are committed to ensuring the safety of our build volunteers and affiliate staff is a top priority. But safety isn’t a one-way street. It’s a partnership between our Habitat team and our volunteers that requires commitment, training and awareness.
Get Involved as a ReStore Donor
We are always looking for gently used and surplus building supplies, household goods, furniture and appliances. Find out more on our ReStore page.