Get Involved Financially
Why does Habitat need your Financial Support?
While some supplies are donated, and we reinvest all Mortgage payments received back into our fund-for-humanity. There are still expenses that we need current support for, such as:
- Land to build the homes.
- Costs of servicing for utilities.
- Hiring of licensed trades people to ensure all homes built meet safety codes.
- Tools and build Equipment.
- Building materials and supplies that are not donated (average of 75% of build material is locally purchased).
Ready to start Giving?
Simply print and fill out our new pledge form. Drop off in person, email to email@example.com, Fax to 306-764-4665, or mail to PO BOX 644, Prince Albert SK S6V 5S2. Every dollar counts, and with as little as a re-occurring 5$ donation per month, you can help us, help families!
Get Involved as a Volunteer
We depend strongly on our volunteers both in the Restore and on our builds. They may be professional tradespeople donating a portion of their time and expertise, or first time builders who have never hammered a single nail.
- Experienced builders gain the satisfaction of knowing they have contributed something of real value to people who need it most.
- Inexperienced builders have the opportunity to volunteer as a group, building team ethics and learning a new skill.
- ReStore volunteers gain retail experience, and have fun working side by side with habitat partner families and our staff.
- Some volunteers work behind the scenes – on committees, raising funds, supporting families and advocating in their own communities for our cause.
- Through their combined efforts, volunteers enable us to control the costs of home building to make homeownership possible for our families.
Many groups partner to gain work experience, while giving back to our community. Thank you to the organizers and many helping hands!
The lake country Co-op is our major sponsor of our project at 589-24th street E, PA. In total the Co-op will donate $50,000.00 to the project in material, volunteer time (at events such as our BBQ shown above) and in needed dollars.
We are always looking for gently used and surplus building supplies, household goods, furniture and appliances. Find out what we need the most on our ReStore page. Dollars raised in our ReStore help us give local families the opportunity to gain affordable home ownership!